Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sharks, Spiders and Other creepy things!!


When I was about five years old, my brother decided to show me the movie Jaws. We watched the whole thing and I was terrified! After that day I was never able to look at the ocean the same way. Even the mention of sharks of Jaws I would freak out! I can remember the time that we went to Underwater World after that. We were walking through looking at the aquarium looking at all the fish. I looked to my left and what do I see? But a shark swimming as fast as it can towards the glass. As the rest of my family stayed to watch the shark get closer and closer, I ran the heck outta there! I was going to stay to watch the new upcoming sequel! To this day I still am afraid of sharks. I know it's stupid because we live in Wisconsin and sharks usually don't eat people but I still don't like them. There's just something about them that creeps me out!

I also remember when I was little I was scared of spiders. I was about 6 or 7 years old and it was around bed time. My dad decided to tell me the happy little fact that people swallow 8 spiders in their sleep in a lifetime. Well of course knowing this fact I sat away making sure no spiders would come near me. I remember it was getting late and I was tired but I didn't want to fall asleep incase a spider snuck up on me. I'm not scared of spiders today but I was for a while when I was younger!!!

7 comments:

  1. That spiders thing is ick! makes me a little paranoid. I agree sharks are creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val i also am scared of spiders. But i never knew that you were so scared of sharks. This summer when i go down to florida i will watch out for them. Have you watched the movie since?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love the part about the spiders. I used to be really scared of them and be scared to fall asleep because of that as well. I enjoyed this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the picture it is very scary looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I hate spiders too. They are just so creepy looking. Oh speaking of the fun little fact about them... My grandma told me that fact one day while i was at her house and you know what happened that night? I rolled over and woke up from my sleep and then all of a sudden a spider dropped down on my face from her ceiling (she lives in a cabin). I screamed bloody murder and ran the heck outta there. I still had to sleep there that night but I stayed awake as long as I possibly could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Val T (sigh)... You're fears are so, so silly. We're in Wisconsin, dear, and the biggest fish around here is a brooke trout and as far as I know they've never bit anyone... But seriously, that's classic! I like the part where you "ran the heck outta there!"

    --Sharer of the Name

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be afraid of sharks after seeing the movie deep blue sea, and then I went down to florida on vacation. I was so nervouse that one would eat me to the point I would just lay on the beach! On top of it all, across the way there was dog island and it is supposed to have tons of sharks over there. Eventually I couldn't stand the scorching heat and decided to go in the ocean. To this day I still get the gitters if I think to hard about the sharks.

    ReplyDelete